Friday, December 28, 2007

Some like it hot


Stars appearing, the shadows are a-falling
You can hear my heart a-calling
A little bit of love will make everything right
I'm gonna see my baby tonight
All my love, all my kissing
You don't know what you been a-missing, oh, boy!
~Olivia Newton John


Leave it to me to mistake one Master for another and offer congratulations to the wrong one. It became lost amid the humor of the evening though much to my contentment. I was well on putting my fourth free person to sleep in the middle of a serve when Papa Kur rolled through to the fires. He was lamenting his need for fun just as I managed to settle in next to him but not before I checked to see if he was still awake. "greetings oh great and mighty warrior" seems to incite the man to riot. Next thing I knew I felt a raxxberry on my belly and was swatting at him playfully. There is a secret amidst that about my being ticklish. So far those that knew it had remained mum on the subject.

Through the laughter I asked point blank how other girls manage to swoon and fall over passed out when he does that? Typical Tuchuk arrogance .. did I want to find out, swoon and fall over in his lap? I was as full of it as he was. There was a bit of insolence in my voice when I cast him a coy look and touted, "I'm saving all my kisses besides if I fainted I might miss something." On top of assuring me with that winsome smile of his that he would be a considerate gentleman to make sure I was good and awake he toyed the question of just .. who .. I was saving all of my kisses for?

If there is anyone among the whole entire tribe that does not know the answer to that by now please step forward. Come on ... Don't be shy.

Between the query if there was any more blackwine left I was busy answering ... both questions. "He is tall ... dark ... has a lot of scars ... as arrogant as only a Tuchuk warrior could be .." How many tribal men did that fit so far? ... "but he loses me and wanders off to go find me when he has too much paga." There was the clincher. I was prattling off about needing to find those bells again when he stole a series of kisses off the tip of my nose.

Ever try holding a wild kitten over a pan of water? I could only groan that he really did love me didn't he? I did what any good red blooded Tuchuk girl should at a moment like that. I fell over his arm ... passed right out. I would have gotten away with it too if my curiosity hadn't gotten the better of me to peek. He told me to hurry off to see if there was any blackwine left. But I told him I couldn't .. I was swooning. A threat of new raxberries had me scrambling up and on my feet in a flash.

I did have to wince a little when the women began picking on poor Master Polunu and he defended himself against my ealier faux pas with a loud .. um firm .. "I AM NOT mated!" The women were in the process of matchmaking to solve that delemma and even I had to grimace with the choice they came up with ... oh no not Mistress Mable ::shiver, shudder, cringe :: I don't know exactly what it was he mumbled about women .. that included slaves in the mix but the glint in his eyes was ... well it was sort of cute, if you get into that 'I could strangle you all with my bare hands' dark gleam.

Papa Kur likes his brew hot .. the hotter the better much like the women in his life. I'm probably luke warm by comparison to the rest .. a bit more on the sweet and creamy side but he finished off his drink and hefted me ... kicking and twisting to allude and evade ... up on his shoulder. There wasn't going to be any escape from that grasp so when he said wave, I did. Storming beyond the fires and on between the wagon rows he had to have looked very much the part of the conquering hero.

It was just past the fifth row that he bent to set me to my feet with a tussle of the golden locks. It was not respect for me or for my avid affections to remain faithful to one man that parted us on our separate ways, it felt more that it was his deep respect for the man I cared for. The man raised ever higher in my esteem.

No comments: