Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Humming along

When the grass woke this morning, it decided that green was its best color. The dust thought brown was suitable to wear another day and the sky was that gorgeous sky blue just as everything should be. I could not have agreed more with their choices and the reliability of it all brought a smile and some silly little song that I kept humming as I began my day.

I really don't think the last vestiges of sleep had quite burnt away when I brought water back from the stream but I was pleased to have a few moments of Mistress Falon all to myself. It had been a while since I served her so when I brought her, her blackwine I almost began apologizing for bringing it black. I'd remembered right. There was a ring of truth in her words. "Remember not to second guess that which you already knew in your heart and mind." I tucked it away for safe keeping.

She gave me the chance to speak to her of Me too as well as listened to a story of a woman found tossing sand dollars back into the sea. There was no judgement as I confided that it was how I felt about the young Master. She just listened. I'asked if there was anything I could help her with and she very graciously agreed there was quite a lot I could do. I could read and write Gorean because of the training I had been given in Tor, and I had picked up a few of the Tuchuk symbols along the way as well. These skills would be of use to her labeling the various jars and such in her wagons. I enjoyed the feeling of being able to contribute to the harigga's needs even if it was beginning with just one. I was still humming that little song when I went to fill her bowl.

The morning unfolded into peals of laughter when raven began teasing me about urts, blonde urts. When she ran a bit of fur across my back I came unglued, jumped up, toppled over trying to get the fuzzy creature that had attacked me .. OFF. Wench. I'll find a way to even the score. I think she might look adorable with little pink ribbons tied in her hair. She has to sleep some time. Eh, who am I kidding. Adorable will just offer her more raxxberries in a day.

But ... I'm still a little jumpy after all that and was peeping under things and around things ... searching for Me too of course annnnd ... maybe an urt as well but I'm not telling. I heard Mistress Cana telling them I would look under every wagon before I was through helping raven urt hunt. She was right. The most important thing though was hearing them laugh and enjoy a morning of fresh blackwine and meeting the day with a smile. It wasn't work, it was just being alive and relishing every delicious moment of it.

Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold.

A circle is round,
it has no end.
That's how long,
I will be your friend

A fire burns bright,
it warms the heart.
We've been friends,
from the very start.

You have one hand,
I have the other.
Put them together,
We have each other.

Silver is precious,
Gold is too.
I am precious,
and so are you.

You help me,
and I'll help you
and together
we will see it through.

The sky is blue
The Earth is green
I can help
to keep it clean

Across the land
Across the sea
Friends forever
We will always be.
(Brownie Friendship Rondel)

No comments: