Saturday, October 27, 2007

Shroud

It was warm and snug and so dark. I felt him nestle into me, rest his hand on my hip to pull me closer. Pressing my face into that sweet curve of his back, inhaling the richness of his hair, this place I long so for again. His hair loose, spreading, covering my face, tickling my nostrils slipping down my throat, strangling, choking me. My own hand slipping into his, curling my fingers to twine, the grasp so strong, so firm, hurting, crushing tight.

Wrapped in your arms where its peaceful, back in your arms where I'm happy. Gloria!

Stay with me.

Sweet peaceful sleep overtaking me in my precious cocoon. Yes, I could stay here forever ... forever ... forever ... with you.

Michael row your boat ashore, hallelujah.

A chorus of young voices in unity echoing within the yellow wagon. I'd been lost in thought's of a tree house far away, staring at the horizon through a slip down window. Dusky blues emerging with purple, racing, swirling, forming. I was the first to see it. Why did I sit there watching for so long? Conical gyrations in a finger point dip. Pointing .. pointing straight at us.

Stay with me.

Follow the yellow brick road to the total eclipse of the sun. So sad it passed us by, maybe because we were singing .. singing

Chills the body but not the soul, hallelujah

We were returning from camp one day in the merry merry month of May and I was taken by surprise by ... Cracking, splintering ... wooden thoughts.

Auntie Em Auntie Em We aren't in Kansas anymore!

It isn't a magic school bus ride oh yeah ... oh yeah
Click the heels of your ruby slippers and chant there's no place like home.

Stay with me.

Ruby in the sky with diamonds. Ruby in the sky with ripping, shredding to reveal a glimmer of light. Light flooding, filling in caustic intensity. Escape the moon, escape the cocoon, escape the womb.

I'm here. I'm alive. I'm radio ... radio ... radioactive.

Parchment wings unfold, shattered, tattered so cold, so cold.

Freedom's just another word for nothing else to loose, you ain't nothing ... nothing to me. Feeling good is easy Lawd when baby sang the blues and feeling good was good enough for ... gasping for breath.

Someone was cutting me free.

No comments: